Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net> on 2007/01/04 15:27:23 UTC

Re: spam header shows received from localhost always?

vertito wrote:
> can anybody tell me how can i tweak SA to show from headers the
> sender's IP address ?
> SA headers from spam emails keep showing it was received from
> localhost? Like so
> *
> Received:* from localhost by myserver.com
First, I assume the above only applies to tagged spam mail.

If so, this is a byproduct of the encapsulation method in report_safe.
If you don't want the headers re-generated, disable encapsulation with:

report_safe 0

which will switch SA into a mode that inserts headers and modifies the
subject line only. It will not wrap the message in a new one, nor will
it generate a body report.