Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2003/08/04 12:27:23 UTC

Exclude JDK from Eclipse Debugging

Dear All,

I've done some major reworking on the CLI/bean using Eclipse, but have
been unable to debug it, because Eclipse insists upon stepping into JDK
classes. If I remove it from the source lookup list (in the 'debug'
window), when I debug, it complains that it can't find the source for
Class.java :-(

I know in Idea you can specify which packages/classes you should step
over and which you should debug, but I can't find a similar option in
Eclipse.

This behaviour is really stupid, but I can't work around it.

Any ideas?

I'm using Eclipse 2.1.1.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Exclude JDK from Eclipse Debugging

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Marcus,

Seems slightly clunky compared to Idea, but it works. Thanks!

Upayavira

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@managesoft.com>.
Hi Upayavira,

Have you seen the 'Step Filtering' option. It allows you to specify
which classes shouldn't be stepped into, etc, which I think is what you're
looking for. (Window->Preferences->Java->Debug->Step Filtering)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Marcus

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:27:23AM +0000, Upayavira wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've done some major reworking on the CLI/bean using Eclipse, but have
> been unable to debug it, because Eclipse insists upon stepping into JDK
> classes. If I remove it from the source lookup list (in the 'debug'
> window), when I debug, it complains that it can't find the source for
> Class.java :-(
>
> I know in Idea you can specify which packages/classes you should step
> over and which you should debug, but I can't find a similar option in
> Eclipse.
>
> This behaviour is really stupid, but I can't work around it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I'm using Eclipse 2.1.1.
>
> Regards, Upayavira

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: