Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Erik Govaers <er...@telenet.be> on 2007/03/16 15:36:57 UTC

MyFaces/Shale newbie issue

Hello all,

In my MyFaces/Spring web application I use Shale's AbstractApplicationBean
as a base class for the application-scoped managed bean that populates the
item lists of my drop-down menus. I've implemented this as suggested on
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-users/200610.mbox/%3Cf8b39a
ce0610021448u78faade7u37b3595b2746f8b2@mail.gmail.com%3E. Everything worked
fine until a few days ago I noticed that, when running my project inside
Eclipse, my item lists were not being populated, because the init() method
of my application bean was no longer called. If I call my application from
IE, everything is still working. Therefore I assume that this is somehow
related to the settings of my Eclipse SDK, but as far as I can tell, these
haven't been touched recently. I’ve been staring at this issue for a couple
of days now, but to no avail. Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before
or can anyone tell my where to start looking?

Regards,

Erik

Erik Govaers
Lang Ossegoor 12