Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ricardo13 <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/24 19:10:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache's strange

hi,

I'm doing some tests with reverse proxy in Apache Web Server.
I use HTTPERF to stress the server.

I imagine that load (requests/seg) increase consequently the response time
also increase.
But this doesn't happen.

At one point, the values of response time stabilize and dont increase.

My doubt's, Has Apache a control of overload ???
Is there any component that does not allow the server into overload ?

Ricardo

Re: [users@httpd] Apache's strange

Posted by ricardo13 <ri...@gmail.com>.
&-(

I've read documentation. I imagined that you could forget this information.
But, I forgive you

Ricardo

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ricardo13 <ri...@gmail.com>.
Ok !!!

I've written 20000 to MaxClient and ServerLimit.
Now, I hope that is "unlimited" or at least with maximum value.

At night I'll test Apache and analyze your behavior.

Ricardo

Posted by ricardo13 <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ricardo13 <ri...@gmail.com>.
I'm not.
But If components (CPU, disk IO, ...) are overloaded the value of response
time increases and not stabilize.

For example:
req/s = 500   ----> 1.23 seconds
req/s = 1000 ----> 2.44 seconds
req/s = 1500 ----> 5.78 seconds
req/s = 2000 ----> 10.5 seconds
req/s = 3000 ----> 17.5 seconds
req/s = 4000 ----> 39 seconds

Here, it's happen this:
req/s = 500   ----> 1.23 seconds
req/s = 1000 ----> 2.44 seconds
req/s = 1500 ----> 5.78 seconds
req/s = 2000 ----> 4.77 seconds
req/s = 3000 ----> 6.15 seconds
req/s = 4000 ----> 5.5 seconds

Very stranger !!
What's happen ??

Ricardo

But I dont thought that components (CPU, disk IO) can be .
Because my machines have good perfomance (Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM, network
1GB/s).

Ricardo

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.