Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2003/05/19 20:43:47 UTC

Possible tomcat bug: The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect ()

Hi all,

I have tried to configure tomcat v4.1.24 to connect to a struts action
servlet using the attached web.xml. The servlet initialises correctly,
but requests ending in .do, which should go to the struts action, cause
the following tomcat error to be triggered. I have confirmed with a
debugger, the struts code is never entered at all - the error occurs
inside tomcat. The URL is http://site/patricia/blah/policy/search/search.do

type Status report

message
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ <-- *** notice the blank error message ***

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect ().

Nothing is logged in the logfiles apart from a repeat of the above
message to stdout.

The error message is completely blank, which leads me to suspect it is a
tomcat bug - I have a feeling it could be an exception being caught, the
contents of which are then thrown away.

Any clues?

Regards,
Graham