Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Wells <jw...@bea.com> on 2006/01/03 21:40:31 UTC

Different manifest for test jar

Multiple questions (I am a newbie with maven 2)

1.  I want the tests to be jar'ed separately from the main files.  I
have been able to do this with:

mvn jar:test-jar

How can I get this to always run as part of the "packaging" phase?
Right now I have to manually type mvn jar:test-jar

2.  I need my test jar to have a different manifest from the main jar.
How can I do this.  Right now I am using something like the following to
generate the main jar:

     <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifestEntries>
              <Bundle-Name>Work Manager</Bundle-Name>

<Bundle-SymbolicName>com.bea.core.wm.WorkManager</Bundle-SymbolicName>
              <Bundle-Version>1.0.0</Bundle-Version>
              <Bundle-ManifestVersion>2</Bundle-ManifestVersion>

<Bundle-Activator>com.bea.core.wm.internal.WorkManagerActivator</Bundle-
Activator>
              <Import-Package>org.osgi.framework</Import-Package>

<Export-Package>com.bea.core.wm;version=1.0.0</Export-Package>
              <Bundle-Description>A thread manager</Bundle-Description>
            </manifestEntries>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Is there anyway to have a different manifest in the test jar?

John Wells (Aziz)
jwells@bea.comNOSPAM