Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2009/11/03 19:29:35 UTC

maven-javadoc-plugin slowness

Not sure what happened and whether we used a different version of the
javadoc plugin before, but the last couple of weeks doing a full
Cayenne build is taking forever, with the following output generated
for all the modules for which we don't have Javadocs:

[INFO] Building Cayenne Documentation
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
'org.apache.cayenne.itests:pojo:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke it...
[INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
'org.apache.cayenne.itests:jpa-chapter2:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke
it...
[INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
'org.apache.cayenne.itests:jpa-chapter3:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke
it...

The actual JavaDocs generation for those modules that actually need it
is rather fast, but the noop execution above is *extremely* slow.

Andrus

Re: maven-javadoc-plugin slowness

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 4/11/09 6:02 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:
> BTW, Ari, could you check email notifications? They aren't being sent, see
> very end of:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/jdk=JDK%201.6%20%28latest%29/17/console

Hmmmm... that should have been fixed. I'll see what is going on.

Ari

--

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: maven-javadoc-plugin slowness

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 4/11/09 6:02 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:
> BTW, Ari, could you check email notifications? They aren't being sent, see
> very end of:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/jdk=JDK%201.6%20%28latest%29/17/console

I tweaked the Hudson settings again. Let's see if it works now next time someone feels like breaking the build...

Ari

--

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis