Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by "Katz, Shay" <sk...@hp.com> on 2012/10/18 14:14:37 UTC

Oozie coordinator question

Hi All,

I have oozie installation as part of the cloudera installation.
I'm trying to execute the coordinator workflow from the example with the following configuration in the coordinator.xml.
<coordinator-app name="cron-coord" frequency="${coord:minutes(60)}" start="${start}" end="${end}" timezone="UTC" xmlns="uri:oozie:coordinator:0.2">
With this configuration i expected the workflow to be executed every 1 hour , but it seems that the workflow has been executed every 5  minutes as you can see in the following picture , does anyone have answer for this issue?

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WLbKLOFEprk/UH_ubRqjFZI/AAAAAAAAETI/Ny5sL9kpBlY/s320/2012-10-18_1354.png]<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WLbKLOFEprk/UH_ubRqjFZI/AAAAAAAAETI/Ny5sL9kpBlY/s1600/2012-10-18_1354.png>
Thanks,
Shay

RE: Oozie coordinator question

Posted by "Katz, Shay" <sk...@hp.com>.
Thanks a lot

If you look at the "Nominal Time" column of your screenshot, you'll see that there's one materialization per hour from jan 1 00:00 through jan 2 04:00. The jobs are getting scheduled every 5 minutes because that's how frequently the thread that schedules coordinator tasks runs (assuming your coordinator has default concurrency of 1, so the scheduling thread doesn't kick off multiple runs of your workflow simultaneously).

If you want your workflow to run every half hour starting now, then you need to set -Dstart= to a time representing now. There's also an execution mode ONLYLAST that is supposed to ignore materializations in the past, but we've had problems with it (at least in cdh3's oozie).

HTH,
Joe

Posted by Joe Crobak <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shay,