Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by AmirHossein Roozbahany <ba...@outlook.com> on 2016/07/12 18:22:37 UTC

TimeoutException and then nothing works

I am trying to send a message from a producer to a kafka node in another DC.
Both the producer and consumer are set with the default 0.0.10.0 configuration and the message sizes are not so small (around 500k).
Most of the time when sending messages I am encountered with these exceptions:

org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Batch containing 1 record(s) expired due to timeout while requesting metadata from brokers for topic-0
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to allocate memory within the configured max blocking time 60000 ms.

And after that no more messages get transferred(even the callback for remaining messages is not getting called).