Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amir Mistric <am...@nemours.org> on 2006/06/15 19:24:36 UTC

mod_jk and vhosts and webapps deployed under "/" context

Hi

I was wondering if someone can tell me how to mount webapp via mod_jk when
webapp is deployed under "/" context using vhosts...

Here is the scenario:

I have 2 webapps deployed under "/" context on Tomcat using vhosts

When I access

http://webapp1.domain.ext:8080/ I get webapp1

http://webapp2.domain.ext:8080/ I get webapp2

and also a static site on Apache

http://website1.domain.ext

Everything works cool on Tomcat end (using META-INF/context.xml and <Host>
directives)...

Now I want to use Apache+mod_jk which runs on port 80 and which has several
static websites...

How do I use JkMount to moutn both webapps?

Doing

JkMount /      node1

JkMount /*     node1

Will not work...

My goal is to access both static sites and webapps via virtual hosts where
webapps are deployed under "/" (root) context..

I am not using any loadbalancers or similar..

Here is my tomcat.conf

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile conf.d/tomcat-workers.properties

JkLogFile logs/tomcat-mod-jk_log

JkLogLevel info

JkLogStampFormat  "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y]"

JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories

JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"

# Mount your applications

# this is not working for the static sites....

JkMount /   node1

JkMount /* node1

JkShmFile run/jk.shm

# Add jkstatus for managing runtime data

<Location /jkstatus/>

   JkMount status

   Order deny,allow

   Deny from all

   Allow from 127.0.0.1

</Location>

And my tomcat-workers.properties

Define list of workers that will be used

# for mapping requests

worker.list=node1,status

# Define Node1

worker.node1.port=8009

worker.node1.host=server50.mydomain.org

worker.node1.type=ajp13

worker.node1.lbfactor=1

#local_worker should be commented out to enable load-balancing. Otherwise,
only fail-over is available.

#worker.node1.local_worker=1

worker.node1.cachesize=10

# Define Node2

#worker.node2.port=8009

#worker.node2.host= node2.mydomain.com

#worker.node2.type=ajp13

#worker.node2.lbfactor=1

#local_worker should be commented out to enable load-balancing. Otherwise,
only fail-over is available.

#worker.node2.local_worker=1

#worker.node2.cachesize=10

# Load-balancing behaviour

#worker.loadbalancer.type=lb

#worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=node1, node2

#worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1

#worker.loadbalancer.local_worker_only=1

#worker.list=loadbalancer

# Status worker for managing load balancer

worker.status.type=status