Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Robinson <ti...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/06/11 12:42:38 UTC

JK2 crashes IIS on win2000

Hi,

I am trying to get JK2 ISAPI working on my windows 2000 box. IIS starts up
but when I try to access a servlet I get an HTTP 500 response with "The
handle is invalid". The next request IIS gets (regardless of whether it's a
servlet request or not) causes inetinfo.exe to crash with a memory
exception.

I have followed all the instructions I can find but to no avail. Please
excuse the long post but I want to let you know what I have already tried.

The machine is windows 2000 server with IIS 5 and .net framework installed,
and all the latest patches. I am using tomcat 4.1.18 on jre 1.4.0, but I
don't think it's getting as far as tomcat (netstat reports no connections on
8009). JK1.2 works fine in this configuration and non-servlet web stuff
works OK. The ISAPI extension shows as an up-arrow in IIS, and my IIS
virtual root for /jakarta works OK.

Here is my workers2.properties file:

[shm]
file=c:/temp/shm.txt
size=1048576
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

I have tried it with and without the [shm] section and the symptoms are the
same. The shared memory file does get created so clearly something is
happening.

My jk2.properties file contains only comments. Here is my windows registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\2.0]
"serverRoot"="C:\\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18"
"extensionUri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirector2.dll"
"workersFile"="C:\\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18\\conf\\workers2.properties"
"logLevel"="DEBUG"

(anyone know where the debug is supposed to come out?)

Thanks in advance for any hints

--- Tim

RE: JK2 crashes IIS on win2000

Posted by Tim Robinson <ti...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Thanks dominic. I have now got it working but I'm not exactly sure what was
the problem

tomcat 4.1.18-LE did not work
4.1.24 full when running as a service did work

so it was either the service, the newer version or not using LE edition.

--- Tim