Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ma...@yahoo.com on 2011/04/18 23:02:50 UTC

Calculate document lucene score after the search

Hi,

I am trying to find the actual lucene score of the document after the search. I have set different boost values to fields. I am using document.getBoost(), to find the score but I am getting document boost as 1 for all the documents.

Is there any way I can calculate the actual score of the document.

Thanks,
Madhu.

Re: Calculate document lucene score after the search

Posted by Anshum <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Madhu,
You could use IndexSearcher.explain(..) to explain the result and get the
detailed breakup of the score. That should probably help you with
understanding the boost and score as calculated by lucene for your app.

--
Anshum Gupta
http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com