Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Mohit Singh <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/23 20:59:55 UTC

Setting mahout heapsize for rowsimilarity job

Hi,
   I have a 1M X 6 dimensional matrix stored as sequence file and I am
trying to use rowSimilarity for this job...
But when I try to run the job, I see Java heap space error for the second
step (RowSimilarityJob-CooccurrencesMapper-Reducer) .
My raw sequence file is around 700MB and then I have already set
MAHOUT_OPTS to (say) 7gb?
But I am still seeing that error?
My command line args are:

hadoop jar /usr/lib/mahout/mahout-examples-0.8-cdh5.0.0-job.jar
org.apache.mahout.math.hadoop.similarity.cooccurrence.RowSimilarityJob -i
$INPUT -o $OUTPUT *-r 6 *-s SIMILARITY_COSINE -m 15 --tempDir $TEMP -ess

Also, is this "r" a typo.. the help file says that this is column length?
Is it column or row dimension ?

Thanks

--
Mohit

"When you want success as badly as you want the air, then you will get it.
There is no other secret of success."
-Socrates

Re: Setting mahout heapsize for rowsimilarity job

Posted by Mohit Singh <mo...@gmail.com>.
Basically, finding the N most similar vectors? Adding columns isnt a
problem, This is just to get a "feel" of mahout (in general).

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.