Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Kaare Rasmussen <ka...@kakidata.dk> on 2003/04/08 12:46:17 UTC

Recordset: !Links doesn't work

This is taken almost exactly from perldoc DBIx::Recordset:

    my $set = DBIx::Recordset -> Search (
     {
      ('!DataSource'   => $db,
       '!Table' => 'lo_loan',
       '!Links'      => {
         '-payment'  => {
           '!Table' => 'lo_paymentplan',
           '!LinkedField' => 'lo_loan.loan_id',
           '!MainField'   => 'lo_paymentplan.loan_id'
         }
       }
      )
     }
     );

but no "-payment" shows up in the resultset. Debug turned on shows that it can
see the !Links parameter, but it doesn't use it in the select statement.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar@kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk

Re: Recordset: !Links doesn't work

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.
At 6:38 PM +0200 4/8/03, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
>  > Did you try it without qualifying the table name?  E.g.
>>  '!LinkedField' => 'loan_id'?
>
>Sorry. Yes.

Beyond that about all I can say is that this form definitely does
work, if you can switch to it.

     $DB->TableLink($USER_T, '-accounts', {
                     '!Table'            => $ACCOUNT_T,
                     '!LinkedField'      => 'user_id',
                     '!MainField'        => 'id',
                 });

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.

Re: Recordset: !Links doesn't work

Posted by Kaare Rasmussen <ka...@kakidata.dk>.
> Did you try it without qualifying the table name?  E.g.
> '!LinkedField' => 'loan_id'?

Sorry. Yes.

Posted by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com>.