Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@apache.org> on 2017/07/07 10:34:20 UTC

JMeter project structure and IDEs support

Hello,

I see that officially only Eclipse is a supported IDE
http://jmeter.apache.org/building.html

I would like to add at least Apache NetBeans support too.

I'm able to run the project, but I'm creating a single JAR for all the
src/ submodules instead a multiple JARs.

It might be a silly question, but have you considered using Maven or
Gradle or some other build system that would be sub-project aware?

This would more easily allow the project to be loaded from multiple IDEs.

It would also allow a segmentation of dependency JARs per submodule.

If dev@ is not the proper place for this I can resend the email to
some other mailing list.

--emi

Re: JMeter project structure and IDEs support

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
Could we use this opportunity to remove the junit/test.jar sample,
related Maven pom.xml, ant task and perhaps the src/junit/test and
src/junit/woolfel folders entirely?

--emi

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Emilian,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: JMeter project structure and IDEs support

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Q1: Maven artifact and group IDs?
>
> Currently I see in res/maven some basic Maven poms for central
> deployment. These use the org.apache.jmeter groupId and
> ApacheJMeter_parent, ApacheJMeter_http, ApacheJMeter_core artifact Ids
>
> The groupId org.apache.jmeter is fine to me but the artifactID look odd.
>
> Instead of ApacheJMeter_core I would just use 'core',
> ApacheJMeter_http would become protocol-http, etc.
>
> Still, since these artifactIDs are already public I assume we have to
> continue using them, no?

Yes please.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: JMeter project structure and IDEs support

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
What customization is needed?

As of now I'm able to build JMeter (components, core, functions,
jorphan, protocol/*) and with a little tweak run it as-is from
NetBeans.

One separate aspect is that I see the canonical source is under
Subversion. So even if I make a Git patch (or pull request), all the
renames will probably have to be re-done in Subversion? I'm not sure
how Subversion handles patches that rename files.

--emi

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: JMeter project structure and IDEs support

#2 implies that:

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Great

Antonio

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Emilian .

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: JMeter project structure and IDEs support

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,