Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Ryan Lea <Ry...@Rightmove.co.uk> on 2003/12/23 17:27:48 UTC

Macro overloading

Hi again all,

I have read the archives and understand that macro overloading is not
actually a possibilty at the moment (hence my interest in using Maps for
passing numerous variables as one).  Is macro overloading something that it
likely to be introduced in the future, as it would be very useful in many
circumstances ... Or is it something that is really beyond the scope of
velocity at the moment?

Cheers

Ryan

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.

Re: Macro overloading

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
On Dec 23, 2003, at 11:27 AM, Ryan Lea wrote:

> Hi again all,
>
> I have read the archives and understand that macro overloading is not
> actually a possibilty at the moment (hence my interest in using Maps
> for
> passing numerous variables as one).  Is macro overloading something
> that it
> likely to be introduced in the future, as it would be very useful in
> many
> circumstances ... Or is it something that is really beyond the scope of
> velocity at the moment?

Define 'overload'.  You can overload now by having a template specific
implementation of a macro...

geir@4quarters.com