Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/05 11:47:39 UTC

T5 binding problem

Hi,
maybe this was reported and solved but here it goes ...

I've tried the tapestry tutorial and it was very nice and easy.
I've made few mistakes but error reporting is great so it was fixed quickly.

the problem occured when I tried to add some of the proposed changes to the
app..

just to test the expressions I added:
        <t:comp type="If" test="ognl:index<5">

but I get the error
Failure parsing template context:WEB-INF/Guess.html: The value of attribute
"test" associated with an element type "t:comp" must not contain the '<'
character.

Am I doing it wrong, or it's just a bug to be fixed later....

Davor Hrg

Re: T5 binding problem

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It may never be; the design of T5 allows for easy property expressions
right in the binding, and more complex expression delegate out to Java
code easily (this is practical in T5 because of the automatic class
reloading).

A lot of the "magic" logic in BeanEditForm and Grid is based on some
APIs that OGNL will have trouble replicating ... in terms of
identifying a property is a type-safe manner, and gaining access to
annotations on the getter and/or setter.

On 3/6/07, Jiri Mares <Ji...@svt.cz> wrote:

> Hi Howard,
>
> > 2) OGNL isn't supported in T5.
>
> OGNL won't be supported or not yet.
>
> --
> Jiří Mareš (mailto:Jiri.Mares@svt.cz)
> ČSAD SVT Praha, s.r.o. (http://www.svt.cz)
> Czech Republic

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

Re: T5 binding problem

Posted by Jiri Mares <Ji...@svt.cz>.
Hi Howard,

Re: T5 binding problem

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I don't think it's even a matter of choice right now to be honest.
There are still quite a few changes that need to be made before ognl
is suitable for use with T5. (such as the addition of parameter
accessors to handle annotated params, generics, IoC injection ,
removal of static references to make jvm class reloads work , etc....)

The other projects want these kinds of things too (as well as Drew
telling me he specifically wanted to see the IoC stuff happen ), so
there's more than enough pressure to get it done.

Howard and I both know it's not ready ~yet~, but if/when it does get
to that point I'll ping him and let him know...

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: T5 binding problem

Posted by Angelo Luis <an...@gmail.com>.
No no no...

Re: T5 binding problem

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yep, that's the intention.

Not using OGNL falls into the "blazing speed - no reflection" goal.
Jesse's busy taking the reflection out of OGNL, so it may make a
comeback as an add-on.

Re: T5 binding problem

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
thnx,