Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by ra...@gmail.com on 2018/08/11 07:30:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] [Github Issues] Support questions in GitHub issues

Jan proposed a support label for issues more than once. That fit me
thinking. Do we really want to allow support questions like this one [1] in
the issues?

I'm definitely against it. I think we should make that clear in the issue
template and direct people to slack or stackoverflow. We might still use a
support label as closing reason.

What do you think?

[1]: https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/issues/474

Re: [DISCUSS] [Github Issues] Support questions in GitHub issues

Posted by Gearóid M <de...@gearoid.me>.
I agree, Github issues should only be for bug reports and feature requests. For Onsen UI, we have an issue template [1], which specifically explains where to go for support. Additionally, the template is geared towards bug reporting, which further discourages people from asking for support. Of course, some people ignore the template and file issues looking for support anyway, but having the clear template means we can just close the issue and point them again in the right direction.

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OnsenUI/OnsenUI/master/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.
Nope, the last few days convinced me that we do not want that ;)

But it gave a nice impression what we should add to the issues
templates so bug reports are actionable.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.