Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/09/11 01:12:24 UTC

[classlib][concurrent] We need to get the concurrent code out of the 'enhanced' part of SVN

Nathan,

... because that part of SVN implies that we have the provenance
documentation for the code that makes it in there.

For concurrent, we don't, so it has to go out.

Please move it to standard/classlib/trunk/modules/concurrent or something.

Given it's stablity - that it doesn't change in our SVN - it should be a
minor problem to simply have some simple build script that compiles and
jars the code, and puts the jar in the enhanced/classlib/trunk area for
build and packaging purposes.

geir

RE: [classlib][concurrent] We need to get the concurrent code out of the 'enhanced' part of SVN

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.
Okay, I've moved stuff around and setup an SVN externals checkout. Let me
know if this fulfills the need to keep the code in 'standard'.

-Nathan

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

It's not exactly stable. CopyOnWriteArrayList will have to be in enhanced,
which means we'll have do class file merges or have multiple JARs for
concurrent. As CopyOnWriteArraySet depends on CopyOnWriteArrayList, we'll
also have to maintain a stub of the class in standard, so that it will
compile.

-Nathan