Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mark Gibson <ma...@staff.bluematrix.com> on 2022/02/05 14:51:01 UTC

Question about multi-threaded rendering

Hi,

We're currently using embedded FOP to render PDFs from XML content.  I totally understand why default rendering cannot be multithreaded (need to layout earlier pages before latter pages, etc).  However, we pre-generate the Intermediate Format, and pass the IF directly to the FOP renderer.  I was curious if FOP supports multi-threading the post-layout render step.  Or even if it's technically possible to do such a thing?

Thanks
Mark