Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 18:44:09 UTC

JIRA report to spot contributors

I don't know if Struts has this problem - it's one that comes up in
discussions at Commons. How to make it easier to notice when people
have been doing lots of work and should be considered as a committer.

One of the problems I find with JIRA is that you can't search for
issues with attachments or for issues someone has commented on. So I
made an attempt to try and come up with something in JIRA that might
make that easier. Here's an example for Struts 2.0.7:

https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?versionId=21796&selectedProjectId=10030&reportKey=com.sourcelabs.jira.plugin.report.contributions%3Acontributionreport&Next=Next

Easy enough to look at any others - goto the Browse Project for a
project and click on Contribution Report. I'm not sure if it's worth
keeping, so interested in opinions.

It did have a feature whereby it ignored people who could close issues
(committers in other words), but the Struts JIRA lets anyone close an
issue. A hidden feature is that if you don't select a version, it'll
run the report for the whole project.

Current RFEs:

* Allow multiple versions to be selected.
* Allow archived versions to be selected.

Hen

Re: JIRA report to spot contributors

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
That's a very nice report, Henri!

I added a link to it from the Contributors Guide.

Now if we could only do something like that for Confluence. We have a
lot of non-committers with editing karma now, but I don't know if
there a good way to report on who's been editing what.

-Ted.

HTH, Ted <http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>