Posted to user@atlas.apache.org by Andreas Wombacher <an...@aureliusenterprise.com> on 2023/01/02 22:16:28 UTC

RE: Reverse Proxy and Apache Atlas

Hi,

I just went through the same exercise just today. I am using a Apache httpd version 2.4 as a reverse proxy.
I deployed atlas and the reverse proxy in a Kubernetes cluster, thus the reverse proxy is behind the ingress controller.
In my case Apache Atlas base URL is then /anwo/atlas2/

Thus, I start a normal docker container and in the reverse proxy I add the following two directives to the httpd.conf:

ProxyPass "/anwo/atlas2/" "http://atlas.anwo.svc.cluster.local:21000/"
ProxyPassReverse "/anwo/atlas2/" "http://atlas.anwo.svc.cluster.local:21000/"

You will have to look up how this translates into directives for your reverse proxy.
These directives ensure that redirects from atlas are prefixed with /anwo/atlas2/

Success!

From: Woodward, Andrew [USA] <Wo...@bah.com>>
Date: Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 8:31 AM
Subject: Reverse Proxy and Apache Atlas
To: kbhatt@apache.org<ma...@apache.org> <kb...@apache.org>>

Hello,

My name is Andrew. I’ve been trying to use Apache Atlas in my k8s cluster and I’m struggling a bit.
I see you are a main contributor on the Apache-Atlas GitHub page and was hoping you could help me.

I want to have Atlas accessed by my reverse proxy, Traefik, and be exposed at www.example.com/atlas<http://www.example.com/atlas>.
I can make initial contact with Atlas, but then it searches for login.jsp at the root path: www.example.com/login.jsp<http://www.example.com/login.jsp>

Is there a configuration that I can set to tell atlas that it’s root path now has /atlas added to it?
I’d like for atlas to look for login.jsp at www.example.com/atlas/login.jsp<http://www.example.com/atlas/login.jsp>.

Thanks for your time and your help!
v/r
Andrew Woodward