Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Gombotz <a9...@unet.univie.ac.at> on 2005/02/25 02:17:21 UTC

Users and roles

Hi

I have had a look at the server-config.wsdd and noticed that some of the existing WS in axis define allowedRoles in their config file entries. I assume that the user names which are the value of the "allowedRoles" parameters in server-config.wsdd correspond to users in /axis/WEB-INF/users.lst.

My question now is how to use this apparent security mechanism in Axis. How do I authenticate myself as a certain user when consuming a WS deployed in Axis?
Or is that not the way users.lst and "allowedRoles" is supposed to be used?

Thanks in advance!

Rob