Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2015/02/09 06:54:26 UTC

Re: Karaf EIK - how to configure the runtime?

I have solved problem c) now (ok, kind of): the default repositories are read
correctly, and also the features are resolved. However, when the list of
bundles for the target configuration is built, Karaf EIK only reads the
system and default folders, no additional repositories in Karaf's root
folder.

Adding something like:
KarafCorePluginUtils.getJarFileList(

karafPlatformModel.getRootDirectory().append("myrepo").toFile(),
                jarFiles,
                MAX_DIRECTORY_RECURSE_DEPTH);

in KarafLaunchUtils.java (function getJarDirectories) helps. Of course, this
is hard coding "myrepo", no generic resolution of repos defined in
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories or
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories.

Could somebody advice me whether it makes sense to file bug reports for a),
b) and/or c)? Depends a bit upon how "alive" the Karaf EIK project is (it's
a great tool, an I wonder why these things haven't turned up earlier).

Kind Regards,
Jochen

Re: Karaf EIK - how to configure the runtime?

Posted by Scott Lewis <sl...@composent.com>.
> Hi Jochen,
>
> You can create a Jira.
>
> I will take a look (I plan to prepare EIK 0.10.0 release).

Speaking of EIK, any word on the questions below WRT 0.10.0?

Using Karaf 3.0.2, Eclipse Luna SR1, and EIK 0.9.0, I'm experiencing the
exception reported by this bug:

The bug was apparently resolved, but it's not clear to me from the
comments whether it was resolved because:

1) EIK works on Karaf 2.x (and not 3.x)
2) EIK has a 0.10.0 snapshot version that fixes
3) Some other change to Karaf, Eclipse, and/or EIK

How can I most easily determine how to use EIK with Karaf 3.x? (and
eventually 4.x hopefully)

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Karaf EIK - how to configure the runtime?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jochen,

You can create a Jira.

I will take a look (I plan to prepare EIK 0.10.0 release).

Regards
JB

On 02/09/2015 06:54 AM, jochenw wrote:
> I have solved problem c) now (ok, kind of): the default repositories are read
> correctly, and also the features are resolved. However, when the list of
> bundles for the target configuration is built, Karaf EIK only reads the
> system and default folders, no additional repositories in Karaf's root
> folder.
>
> Adding something like:
> KarafCorePluginUtils.getJarFileList(
>
> karafPlatformModel.getRootDirectory().append("myrepo").toFile(),
>                  jarFiles,
>                  MAX_DIRECTORY_RECURSE_DEPTH);
>
> in KarafLaunchUtils.java (function getJarDirectories) helps. Of course, this
> is hard coding "myrepo", no generic resolution of repos defined in
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories or
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories.
>
> Could somebody advice me whether it makes sense to file bug reports for a),
> b) and/or c)? Depends a bit upon how "alive" the Karaf EIK project is (it's
> a great tool, an I wonder why these things haven't turned up earlier).
>
> Kind Regards,
> Jochen

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org