Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Raghuvir Kamath <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/04 03:55:08 UTC

Re: Monitor Results in jmeter for Glassfish App server

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
I would suggest looking at tomcat's status servlet as the starting
point. It's just a servlet that uses mbeans.

Most servlet and ejb containers use mbeans to manage things, so you
just have to dig through the docs for each product to figure out which
mbeans to use.

sorry i can't give you more details. It's been a long time since I've
tried porting tomcat's status servlet to weblogic or websphere

<ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi I want to monitor the results of Glassfish Appserver using Jmeter .
>>
>> I followed the steps mentioned by you :-
>>
>>    1. Change the Name field to "Server Status".
>>    2. Enter the IP address or Hostname
>>    3. Enter the port number
>>    4. Set the Path field to "/manager/status" if you're using Tomcat.
>>    5. Add a request parameter named "XML" in uppercase. Give it a value of
>>    "true" in lowercase.
>>    6. Check "Use as Monitor" at the bottom of the sample.
>>
>> In step 4 I have set the path to "/" as the status is displayed in the
>> default page.
>> Step 5 I have added 2 request parameters as user id and password.
>> I have checked "use as Monitor" at the bottom of the sample.
>>
>> Then I have added Listener -> Monitor Results
>>
>> But I dont see my server in the performance tab.
>>
>> Did I miss any configuration ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Raghuvir

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Monitor Results in jmeter for Glassfish App server

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.