Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/03 09:49:32 UTC

Re: plugins, npm, and package.json ...other art

thanks for sharing Brian.

I posted the nativescript one in the whitelist release vote thread a few
days ago. Not the most visible place.

I really like the nativescript proposal. Specifically the engine tag to
manage versions of supported platforms and how they are proposing to handle
platform configuration (json transformation + separate configuration files
that get merged in).

I also like how they are giving each platform a dependency manager instead
of relying on npm for dependency management. The current npm dependency
system won't work for our plugins. Peer dependencies have been turned into
warnings instead of installing the plugin as a sibling. If we nest
dependencies, we will start seeing problems of two different versions of
one plugin being installed. Causing all sorts of havoc.