Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/15 14:31:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] Components donation (was: Components donation)

Hi all,

Jérémy Reynaud, CTO and co-founder of KeepCore, proposes to donated 2 of
their components [1], a dual slider[2] and a progress spinner[3], is there
any interests accepting those components as part of the Flex-sdk ?

I personally think the DualSlider could be a great addition, maybe the
ProgressSpinner too, those components have been world wide tested since a
good amount of time already (see the first post of the previous thread).

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
-Fred

[1] http://www.flex-component.com/
[2] http://www.flex-component.com/demo/apache/KCDualSliderV1.1/
[3] http://www.flex-component.com/demo/apache/KCProgressSpinnerV1.1/

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
I agree.  In my case I have example of it's use with view-source [1], a
github whiteboard of the modified flex-sdk [2], the code pulled out of the
components [3][4][5].  I could change to a diff if that would make things
easier.

So now we have steps up to this point.  Should a JIRA issue been filed
first to allow for a local git branch to be created with that JIRA name and
centralize comments on the reviewing?

How will the reviewing process go through approval from there?

[1] http://people.apache.org/~mkessler/examples/DataProviderEnhance/app.swf
[2]
https://github.com/KesslerConsulting/example/tree/master/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/components

[3]
http://people.apache.org/~mkessler/examples/DataProviderEnhance/ComponentCode.txt
[4]
http://people.apache.org/~mkessler/examples/DataProviderEnhance/RegExPatterns.as
[5]
http://people.apache.org/~mkessler/examples/DataProviderEnhance/IDataProviderEnhance.as

-Mark

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
I agree, I was doing minor changes, bug fixes and such just CTR.  The
feature addition I have available, I put on the thread first (although I
did a sloppy job of providing a timely code example) thinking it was a good
practice to show before commiting.  So waiting a few days for feed back
then posting sounds good.

thanks

-Mark

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
I'm guessing we are going to need these for the Flex site when we figure them out.

1.  Steps / requirements for new components.
2.  Steps / requirements for new Features that add onto existing components.

-Mark

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/15/13 8:09 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2013 8:02 AM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> Fine with me.  FWIW, I think we do need an official vote.  My current
>> understanding is that the only non-committer contributions that don't
> need a
>> vote are patches.
>>

> I am sorry, but I don't think that is a vote is required.  Can you point us
> to some policy or discussion threads regarding this, where you think this
> decision was made?

Greg Reddin said here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flex-dev/201303.mbox/%3cCAKWVykWKAz
p1pJF0mCBv2C+D8ZuF-UfKEiBY1YWXpZmBn1OsNg@mail.gmail.com%3e

That the template here:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

implies that a vote is required.

Now if someone cobbles together a new component and submits it in JIRA, I
think that might not need a vote.  But my interpretation is that stuff that
already exists and especially, has been made public before, probably does.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Components donation (was: Components donation)

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnoud Bos <ar...@artim-interactive.nl>.
+ 1, the dual slider looks very nice and useful,

arnoud

Met vriendelijke groet,

Arnoud Bos
Artim interactive

E  arnoud@artim-interactive.nl
W  www.artim-interactive.nl
T  +31 6 246 40 216
A  Elisabeth Wolffstraat 77-3
   1053TT Amsterdam

Re: [DISCUSS] Components donation (was: Components donation)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Components donation (was: Components donation)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I agree.