Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by IT CTO <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/30 09:00:58 UTC

Failed to build web application on apache zepplin repo

Hi,
Just clone the apache repository and tried to build it but failed:
Failed to execute goal
com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.20:bower (bower install) on
project zeppelin-web: Failed to run task: 'bower --allow-root install'
failed. (error code 1) -> [Help 1]

Web Application did not build.
Any idea?

--
Eran | CTO

Re: Failed to build web application on apache zepplin repo

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Eran

Here is my version

max@max-VirtualBox ~/zeppelin/zeppelin $ bower -version
1.3.12
max@max-VirtualBox ~/zeppelin/zeppelin $ npm --version
2.7.1
max@max-VirtualBox ~/zeppelin/zeppelin $ node --version
v0.10.25

Try this out

sudo npm install -g bower

--
Cheers,
Madhuka Udantha

Re: Failed to build web application on apache zepplin repo

Posted by IT CTO <go...@gmail.com>.
I run it using sudo bower install --allow-root and got the following:
bower bootstrap#~3.2.0                  ECMDERR Failed to execute "git
ls-remote --tags --heads git://github.com/twbs/bootstrap.git", exit code of

Additional error details:

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Corneau Damien <co...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> sudo bower install in the zeppelin-web

Few days go I built zeppelin from the source[1]. I got same issue and above
solve issue,

[1] http://madhukaudantha.blogspot.com/2015/03/building-apache-zeppelin.html

Posted by Corneau Damien <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by IT CTO <go...@gmail.com>.