Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sandeep arshanapally <ar...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/12 00:43:05 UTC

Classpath problem with Tomcat running in Embedded mode

Hi,

      Iam running tomcat in an embedded mode i.e. launching it from with in
my jvm and using it with Axis for SOAP processing. I am having a problem
with the classes and classpath. The SOAP implementation class files need to
be there /webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes otherwise it doesn't work and if Iam
referencing any other classes from there, it throws a
ClassNotFoundException.
Is there anyway that I can specify the classpath so that the classes do not
have to be in that directory?

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep

Re: Classpath problem with Tomcat running in Embedded mode

Posted by Sriram N <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

This is a ClassLoader visibility issue. Read the ClassLoader howto in the
Tomcat Docs.

How exactly are you running Embedded ? Are you invoking the main method on it
straight out ? Which Tomcat release are you using ?

-- Sriram