Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hervé BARRAULT <he...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/27 14:41:10 UTC

Persistence and Flow Control

Hi,
i am using ActiveMQ 5.4.0 with a JDBC persistence (oracle server).

I am trying to tune activeMQ for my case.

I have looked to :
http://fusesource.com/docs/broker/5.4/tuning/index.html
http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/prodinfo/understanding+the+threads+allocated+in+activemq
http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html

I have set the option async to false, as i am using a vm transport, which
seems improving slightly the performances.

I have also tried to deactivate the flow control as i do not want that the
producer block if the consumer is slow.

But i notice that i can manage more messages by seconds when i enable the
flow control (as i am using only one consumer and one producer i would not
expect that result.

Can any explain why i have better performances when using flow control ?

Thanks.