Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Chappidi, Sudhakar" <ch...@hp.com> on 2006/06/06 09:20:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Exception handling - g++

Hello All,

I am porting my application from Tru64 Unix to HPUX (Itanium). Now
porting is complete and we are doing functionality testing. While doing
functionality testing we have seen some strange runtime problems as
described below.

I am using g++(gcc version 4.0.2 ) on HP-UX 11.11(Itanium). My
application links with many shared libraries which are developed by us.
All the shared libraries and executables are built with g++ ( 64bit
build). I am seeing some times problems when there is exception
handling.

When my application is running if there is any request which needs to
processed.

1.	Sometimes if there is any exception thrown,  it is not handled
by the specific catch handler which is calling this function.
2.	If that exception is caught by catch(...), It hangs in the catch
block , ie it is not coming out of the catch block.

The same application works perfectly on windows and Tru64 Unix. We did
not see this behavior on these platforms.

Any flags need to be set to the compiler explicitly for exception
handling.

Can anyone help me in  this.

Thanks,

Sudhakar