Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/17 15:19:52 UTC

Vote ? was [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal

Hi guys,

we can discuss for 3 more months, but at some point, isn't it time to
start a vote ?

We already have demonstrated our ability to raises various points on
various subjects, time to demonstrate The ASF in action !

Re: Vote ? was [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> ...I still owe IPMC an answer about status of the Groovy trademark.
> I'm trying to research this on my end with Pivotal team...

Sure, it's good to find out but I don't think that's a blocker for
entering incubation.

-Bertrand

Re: Vote ? was [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:19 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> we can discuss for 3 more months, but at some point, isn't it time to
> start a vote ?

Sure. But at least a week for something like Groovy should be expected.
Besides, I still owe IPMC an answer about status of the Groovy trademark.
I'm trying to research this on my end with Pivotal team.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Vote ? was [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
> wrote:
> > ...having seen some of the issues that came from prior proposals rushing
> > a vote, I'd like to see [VOTE] thread to exist for at least a week....
>
> I don't think letting the vote drag on purpose is useful - after
> almost a week of discussions it seems like all the (minor) issues that
> have not come to closure need to be discussed once the podling is
> established. A longer vote would be counterproductive w.r.t these
> issues.

+1.  That is the purpose of the discussion phase.  We should all have
enough context to vote one way or another.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> So unless new issues come up once the vote starts (which would be bad
> - that's why we have a DISCUSS phase) I would very much like to close
> the vote after the standard 72 hours.

+1

I'm persuaded that the week-long DISCUSS was a good call.  A 72-hour
VOTE should suffice after that.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Vote ? was [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi!

having seen some of the issues that came from prior proposals rushing
a vote, I'd like to see [VOTE] thread to exist for at least a week.

I am going to start a vote tomorrow once a full week of [DISCUSS]
elapses.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.

--
Cédric Champeau
Groovy language developer

Re: Vote ? was [DISCUSS] Groovy Incubation proposal

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.