Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/21 08:24:02 UTC

[VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 17.12.01 (full version), vote #2

This is the vote thread (2nd attempt) to release "Apache OFBiz 17.12.01":
this is the first release, containing the framework, applications and all
the plugins from the 17.12 release branches.

The release files can be downloaded from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ofbiz/

and are:
* apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip
* KEYS: text file with keys
* apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip.asc: the detached signature file
* apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip.sha512: checksum file

Please download the zip file, build and test OFBiz and verify the signature
and checksum (for instructions on testing the signatures see
http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html).

Vote:

[ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 17.12.01
[ -1] do not release

This vote will be open for 4 days.
For more details about this process please read

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 17.12.01 (full version), vote #2

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
+1

All success from my part

Thanks Jacopo

Nicolas

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 9:46 AM Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Hi Jacopo,
>
> Because it's easier for users to find and also because the real actor is
> init-gradle-wrapper.ps1 in gradle directory

In my opinion this is not a strong enough argument to keep it in the home
folder as the same reasoning would apply to other platforms. But this is a
discussion for another day/thread.

Jacopo

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 17.12.01 (full version), vote #2

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Because it's easier for users to find and also because the real actor is init-gradle-wrapper.ps1 in gradle directory

Jacques

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Thanks Jacopo,

I did not check the gradle/ folder when I saw the bat in the home
directory. This should be changed (later) because the inconsistency is
confusing.

I also thought from briefly reading the Jira issue that the download
would be initiated automatically if the file is missing but I might be
mistaken.

I'll check the release in the course of the day.

Thanks,

Michael

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org>.
Agree Jacopo, We should cancel this VOTE.
There are some fixes that should be included while publishing

E.g
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/commit/f5c92c053c500737b2dfcc0422dba1bd6ff99783

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
ofbiz.apache.org

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

And next times better to coordinate the Community Days with releases times ;)

Jacques

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jacopo,

ok to proceed from my side.

We should move the open 17.12.01 issues to 17.12.02 then.

Thanks,

Michael

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael, all,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co>.
+1 for new thread.

Thanks Michael for taking care of fixed version/s.

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:54 AM Jacques Le Roux <

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Michael,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi all!

Posted by Gil Portenseigne <gi...@nereide.fr>.
A bit late but +1 !

Thanks

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

~/Projects/apache-ofbiz/dist-apache-ofbiz-17.12.01 
../ofbiz-tools/verify-ofbiz-release.sh apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip
sha check of file: apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip
Using sha file: apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip.sha512
apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip: 3DF1B783 C381D0E2 9EAD8398 E89C7B2A B9BFFB48
85392DBF 18C46C19 7BF84858 31FAD271 BD52E57A 99EDC534 1DB9EF8B 6A4E1FF4
9AAC0EF3 64BE1081 06172B81
apache-ofbiz-17.12.01.zip: 3DF1B783 C381D0E2 9EAD8398 E89C7B2A B9BFFB48
85392DBF 18C46C19 7BF84858 31FAD271 BD52E57A 99EDC534 1DB9EF8B 6A4E1FF4
9AAC0EF3 64BE1081 06172B81
sha checksum OK

GPG verification output
gpg: Signature made Fri Feb 21 08:22:19 2020 CET using RSA key ID 847AF9E0
gpg: Good signature from "Jacopo Cappellato (CODE SIGNING KEY)
<ja...@apache.org>" [ultimate]

~/Projects/apache-ofbiz/dist-apache-ofbiz-17.12.01/apache-ofbiz-17.12.01
 ./gradle/init-gradle-wrapper.sh

~/Projects/apache-ofbiz/dist-apache-ofbiz-17.12.01/apache-ofbiz-17.12.01
 ./gradlew loadAll testIntegration

BUILD SUCCESSFUL