Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/19 20:09:09 UTC

ConceptMapper with multiple dictionaries

Hello UIMA developers,I am trying to build an aggregate AE engine that uses
ConceptMapper and access more than one dictionary. I am not getting any
errors, but I am always getting a specific primitive AE results when I list
them in the aggregate one. Is there a straightforward way to do that?
Thanks for your time!
Ahmed

Re: ConceptMapper with multiple dictionaries

Posted by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Michael! I have actually created multiple instances of ConceptMapper.
I even started modifying the source to get it to work. I just thought I am
hacking it and I wanted to find a more straightforward way of doing that.
Can you explain a dictionary get loaded, and I might be able to get this
done and pass it on to the list.
Merging the dictionaries is another way to work around the problem. However,
in my case it is not advantageous. Besides, my dictionaries are really big,
and merging them would perhaps run Eclipse out of memory, even though I am
compiling with -Xmx1024M.

Please get back with me about the question above if you can.
Thanks again for your help!
Ahmed

Posted by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net>.

Posted by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael and everyone. I finally got it to work. The mistake that I made
was mixing the names. I am so glad though that it worked. Thanks again for
your responses and your cooperations. Best wishes,
Ahmed

Posted by Michael Tanenblatt <sl...@park-slope.net>.

<

Posted by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com>.
I actually tried that suggestion and I had two different DictionaryFile1
and DictionaryFile2 for instance. Even better, I created ConceptMapper1 and
ConceptMapper2 and different type systems for each DictTerm1, DictTerm2.
However, it is always only one file that is used. This is why I about to
modify the code. My guess is, I need to store two different concepMatter
objects one for each dictionary in any form of a data structure such as an
ArrayList<ConceptMapper>. In the part where the conceptMapper object is
loaded I need to pass those two conceptObjects one at a time. But, I need to

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "LeHouillier, Frank D." <Fr...@gd-ais.com>.