Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Haneman <Bi...@ireland.sun.com> on 2000/11/17 17:37:39 UTC

[commit] JSVGCanvas and related changes

Hi :

I have made a small enhancement to the batik version I
mentioned on Wednesday night, which should improve
error handling (should further reduce likelihood of
stack traces resulting from incomplete background paint).
I have also added a root bounds outline to the
paintOverlay() so that even if the document has not been
completely redrawn (e.g. multiple pans in quick succession)
the document bounds will be indicated with a dashed line.
This will help mitigate the transient visual artifacts that can
happen when panning complex documents that have not finished
rendering.  I have also tweaked the cursor handling a bit.

The CVS commit log follows.  Please advise of any remaining
problems, particularly those you consider "visible", and I
will address them ASAP - otherwise I hope that
this is the "release" version of JSVGCanvas (other than
a few small changes to Thumbnail to bring it in line with
the main canvas's behavior).  The rigor of our thread handling
could still be improved in this code but I hope that the
current quality is acceptable given our time constraints.

-Bill

P.S. - I accidentally forgot to save the commit log,
   sorry.  Files changed:

xml-batik/resources/org/apache/batik/apps/svgviewer/resources/GUI.prope
rties;

 xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/apps/svgviewer/ViewerFrame.java;

xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/gvt/GraphicsNode.java;

 xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/gvt/renderer/Renderer.java;

xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/refimpl/gvt/AbstractGraphicsNode.jav
a;

xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/refimpl/gvt/ConcreteCompositeGraphic
sNode.java;

xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/refimpl/gvt/renderer/DynamicRenderer
.java;

xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/refimpl/gvt/renderer/StaticRenderer.
java;

xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/refimpl/transcoder/ImageTranscoder.j
ava;

 xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/refimpl/util/JSVGCanvas.java;

 xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/test/gvt/GVTDemoLauncher.java;

xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/test/refimpl/bridge/SwingStaticViewe
r.java;

------
"Auto de to sigan homologountos esti sou" (Euripides);
("Assez consent qui ne dit mot";-)