Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kaspar Fischer <fi...@inf.ethz.ch> on 2007/12/26 16:22:53 UTC

AjaxStatus not working when not using @Shell?

Dear list,

I am trying to display a "please wait" text during an asynchronous AJAX
request and went for

style="display:none;color:white;background:red">

which I cannot get to work. From AjaxStatus.script I see that a

   dojo.require("tapestry.fx");

should get output into my HTML file and this is where the problem
seems to lie:
I cannot find this in the generated HTML markup.

I am not using @Shell but have a

   <link jwcid="@ScriptIncludes" />

in all my pages. Could it be that this is not enough for Tapestry's
AJAX features?

Thanks,
Kaspar

Re: AjaxStatus not working when not using @Shell?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
I did check, and i don't see any problems with using AjaxStatus with
ScriptIncludes
(in T4.1.4-SNAPSHOT). You can open a JIRA if you like, and attach a
test case that
fails perhaps...

As for the other question, tacos isn't replacing any of Tapestry's
features - it just offers
some additional features.

... but perhaps this isn't entirely true for the two new modules
(tacos-jquery and tacos-dojo) that intend to replace the bundled dojo version.

What exactly are you worried about?

Posted by Kaspar Fischer <fi...@inf.ethz.ch>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.