Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by "Pranay B." <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 17:29:24 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #489: Time series reports

Dear Mr. Olemis- Thank you for your response!

The annotated timeline seems to jump out to me

as being useful to the project. I will also be on the

lookout for some existing OLAP engine that works.

Some data consistency issues will be sure to emerge.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

~ Pranay B.

'Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.' ~ Albert
Einstein

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/13, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/13, Pranay B. <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Mr. Olemis- Thank you for your response!
>>

> :)
>
>> The annotated timeline seems to jump out to me
>> as being useful to the project.
>
> JFYI , a solution to this is mostly (90%) done by my team . We are
> close to finish it and release .

I will clarify my previous statement to offer a better idea of what I
am talking about . What is 90% ready is a visualization (widget)
powered by trachacks:TracGVizPlugin that will render **any** data set
that vary in time (e.g. repository activity , ... ) . This works
decoupled from the data source . Any such data set can feed our
widgets very easily , provided that a GViz data provider will be
implemented for that particular purpose ... Variations will be easily
handled since recent versions of the plugin support (since few months
ago) most of the clauses of Google Charts Query Language (a SQL
dialect)

However time series data sources (e.g. for ticket reports) , and other
similar features related to GSoC proposal (especially report data
consistency in time axis) still have to be implemented ; so I still
look forward to reuse the outcomes of this work .

Olemis.

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #489: Time series reports

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 4/29/13, Pranay B. <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Olemis- Thank you for your response!

:)

> The annotated timeline seems to jump out to me
> as being useful to the project.

JFYI , a solution to this is mostly (90%) done by my team . We are
close to finish it and release .

> I will also be on the
> lookout for some existing OLAP engine that works.

it'd be nice to know of your findings since TBH we (me and my team)
have not had enough time to analyze this .

> Some data consistency issues will be sure to emerge.
>
> I will keep you posted on my progress.

Great !

> 'Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.' ~ Albert
> Einstein

... what would be geometrical inversion then ?
;)

Olemis.

Apache™ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound