Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2005/08/13 14:50:16 UTC

Re: Publish/Subscribe Axis Extension

Miller, Janet wrote:

>The one that I had heard about is called WS-Messenger:
>
>http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/messenger/
>
>Has anyone tried either of these that can give me just a general
>feeling as to whether they work and how easy they are to use?

hi Jan,

it is not an AXIS extension (AXIS1 is not modular enough and we keep our
impl simple - for example we do not need data binding and we optimize
for fast XML pipeline) but standalone web service  that implements both
WS-Notification (tested in Interop Workshop) and WS-Eventing. it is
using JMS carrier (currently we switched to ActiveMQ from openJMS) and
we investigate how to run it in a clustered/failover setup and some
other reliability/performance improvements as we learn from our users.

thanks,

alek