Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2003/10/03 21:55:43 UTC

xml-axis -> ws-axis CVS migration

I note that the symlink has gone -- we really do have to update our
CS repositories to ws-axis now.

Rather than install perl on all my boxes, here is the Ant1.5
build file to do the work. Tested on my own box with Java1.4; for any
earlier version of Java, you need an alternate regexp package, as
covered in the ant docs:-

<project name="migrate-axis" default="migrate">

    <target name="migrate">
      <property name="src.dir" value="." />
      <property name="filepattern" value="**/CVS/Repository" />
      <property name="old.name" value="xml-axis"/>
      <property name="new.name" value="ws-axis"/>

      <replaceregexp byline="true">
        <regexp pattern="^${old.name}/(.*)"/>
        <substitution expression="${new.name}/\1"/>
        <fileset dir="${src.dir}"
          defaultexcludes="false"
          includes="${filepattern}"/>
     </replaceregexp>
    </target>

</project>

If you want to test it, go

ant -Dfilepattern=CVS/Repository -verbose

to only have a single file ./CVS/Repository updated. Ant CVS head has
some commentary during the process, added to get this build file debugged.

I would also recommend you back up your entire local copy, before
experimenting with CVS config hacking of any kind. I managed to destroy
one copy while getting the regexps right...

-Steve