Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mehmet Simsek <nu...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 16:53:05 UTC

Bulk Loading From Local File

Hi

I want to bulk load from local file to hbase table. Can I load file rows to hbase table without importing to hdfs. Hbase import tool reads data from hdfs. How can I implement MR job reading local file and writing hbase table?

Now,I'm doing bulk loading in steps

1) load file to hdfs
2) run MR job to load file lines to hbase table

There are two loading processes. Is there a problem in this approach?

M.S

Re: Bulk Loading From Local File

Posted by Jonathan Bishop <jb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can. Use file:///full-path-name. You may not get more than one map
job though.

Jon

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
>Can I load file rows to hbase table without importing to hdfs

Where you want the data to get stored finally..I mean the raw data.. I hope
that in HDFS only ( u want)
Have a look at ImportTSV tool..

-Anoop-

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
HBase bulkloads by moving the files into its region directories, so it
is essentially just one "loading process".

--
Harsh J