Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Johnson, Garrett" <Jo...@cbsnews.com> on 2002/12/11 18:13:44 UTC

Using response.sendRedirect() with POST

Is there any way to encode parameters into a redirected response WITHOUT
just encoding them into the URL like this:

response.sendRedirect( "/errorpage.jsp?errorcode=12" );

I'd like for it to be transparent to the user, using post, or some other
invisible method like the

request.setAttribute( "errorcode", "12" );
dispatcher.forward( request, response );

method when using a requestDispatcher, but I _do_ want the user to see the
main URL, so I can't use the dispatcher, (I don't think...)

Thanks in advance :)

RE: Using response.sendRedirect() with POST

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is there any way to encode parameters into a redirected response WITHOUT
> just encoding them into the URL like this:

 - cookies
 - session attributes

You could encode the data in a cookie, and retrieve it in your target page.

Alternatively, you could put the data into one or more session beans.  If
you are not familar with the <jsp:useBean> tag, see the JSP specification
(and HttpSession.set/getAttribute).

	--- Noel