Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Stefan Baramov <St...@trx.com> on 2005/02/11 19:36:48 UTC

Appling CSS class to the source tag in apache doc

May be I am mistaken but the class attribute of "source" tag does not
work in Forrest 0.6 for the "pelt" skin.

I have an xml file defined like this

<source class="my_class">
	My pre
		formatted
			text
</source>

This always will result in

<pre class="code">
	My pre
		formatted
			text
</pre>

Notice, that instead of "my_class" the "code" class is used. My question
is why? Is this skin specific? Or a bug?

The "my_class" is defined in the skinconf.xml of the project in the
<extra-css> section.

Thanks,
Stefan Baramov

Re: Appling CSS class to the source tag in apache doc

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
 >         <xsl:apply-templates select="@class"/>, code

shouldn't it be without the comma?
 >         <xsl:apply-templates select="@class"/> code

at least like this I can set attributes for the
original class-attribute and "code" with firefox:
pre.code {...}
pre.whatever {...}

Maybe this is browser-dependent?

Cheers,
Johannes

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Stefan Baramov wrote:
>
>> May be I am mistaken but the class attribute of "source" tag does not
>> work in Forrest 0.6 for the "pelt" skin.
>> I have an xml file defined like this
>>
>> <source class="my_class">
>>     My pre
>>         formatted             text
>> </source>
>>
>> This always will result in
>> <pre class="code">
>>     My pre
>>         formatted             text
>> </pre>
>>
>> Notice, that instead of "my_class" the "code" class is used. My question
>> is why? Is this skin specific? Or a bug?
>

> The source tag has a specific meaning hence the class="code" attribute.
> However, the skin should really allow the user to pass class information
>  in the way you illustrate in order to allow custom styling. I would
> consider this a bug, please file a bug report.
>
> I think a solution is to change the following in
> main/webapp/skins/common/html/document2html.xsl:
>
>   <xsl:template match="source">
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="@id"/>
>     <pre class="code">
>
> to:
>
>   <xsl:template match="source">
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="@id"/>
>     <pre>
>     <xsl:attribute name="class">
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="@class"/>, code
>     </xsl:attribute>
>
> Please test it and let us know if this works.
>
> Ross

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de

Besuchen Sie uns auf der Hannover Messe 11.-15. April 2005
Halle 2, Stand C14 auf dem MMI Gemeinschaftsstand
www.uidesign.de/hmi2005

Nächstes TAE-Seminar zu User Interface Design
Ostfildern-Nellingen, 07.-08. April 2005
www.tae.de TAE-Veranstaltung Nr. 31189

Re: Appling CSS class to the source tag in apache doc

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.