Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lmk <lo...@casden.banquepopulaire.fr> on 2006/03/17 12:09:27 UTC

how to instal internal repository?

Hello,
how to install my corporate repository?
  I dont want to use maven proxy (codehaus).  I must install the essential
archetype such as maven dependencies or plugins  struts, jsf.. so that the
station of the developer do not connected on ibiblio to charge the jars?
the developers must use maven without connecting itself on ibiblio or
another site mirroir.

thanks!

Re: how to instal internal repository?

Posted by lmk <lo...@casden.banquepopulaire.fr>.

I actually copied the my local repository to the internal, I have
uncommented the definition of the mirroirs sits. So,  it seems that that
functions to create a basic project, however, while trying to create a
webapp, maven does not find the artifact corresponding in my internal
(remonte repository).  My question is how can I  feed Maven with the
necessary plugins  for its correct operation.

Thanks..

Merci bien Alex :-)

Re: how to instal internal repository?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Basically, you don't have to do anything on the repository except
deploying the artifact you need using deploy or deploy-file (you can
also copy your local repository if it is already fulled).

To use your registry, you need to declare it in your project pom.xml
file (or in a super pom if you don't want to copy it in every single
pom) or in your setting.xml file. I strongly recommend to keep it in
your pom.xml so your project is kept portable. It is quite easy to
declare a repository in your pom :

<project>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id></id>
      <url></url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
</project>

If you prefer to go the profile way (using setings.xml), you should
read this document :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

J'espère que ça répond à tes questions et n'hésite pas à réécrire si
tu as besoin de plus d'aide!

On 3/17/06, lmk <lo...@casden.banquepopulaire.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
> how to install my corporate repository?
>   I dont want to use maven proxy (codehaus).  I must install the essential
> archetype such as maven dependencies or plugins  struts, jsf.. so that the
> station of the developer do not connected on ibiblio to charge the jars?
> the developers must use maven without connecting itself on ibiblio or
> another site mirroir.
>
> thanks!

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: how to instal internal repository?

Posted by lmk <lo...@casden.banquepopulaire.fr>.
I have exactly the same  parametrage and when I try to create an archetype I
have the following error

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.archetypes
ArtifactId: maven-archetype-webapp
Version: RELEASE

Reason: Unable to determine the release version

  org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-webapp:jar:RELEASE

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr>.
Hi,
What do you mean by creating ? It is just a matter of reserving some
disk space and possibly configuring a web server to serve the content
of a file system.

Posted by Devraj Brahmachari <De...@lntinfotech.com>.
hi
cud somebody tell me how to create an internal repository in the first
place.

DEVRAJ BRAHMACHARI
Center of Excellence - SOA
South Block