Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Russell <r-...@adelie.ath.cx> on 2003/06/07 15:28:03 UTC

Directory copying and missing dir-props

Hello,

I have some private projects that were started before I had a handle on
the directory layout I wanted, so recently I've been through them moving
and copying directories and files around.  During this I noticed that
sometimes I would end up with a directory missing its .svn/dir-props
file.  This could be fixed by manually adding or copying dir-props.

The only references to dir-props I could find in the issue tracker were
#825 and #1163, neither of which seemed relevant, and both are closed
anyhow.

After some investigation I now have a reliable way to reproduce this.

Attached is a shell script to reproduce a missing dir-props file, and
the output of that running on my system, which is:

  debian sid i386
  svn 0.23.0
  apache 2.0.45 (although I use file:/// to reproduce this behaviour)

Here's hoping that this is useful to the developers, but I can't help
feeling that this is related to the ``"svn move" broken?'' thread.

Russell

Re: Directory copying and missing dir-props

Posted by Russell <r-...@adelie.ath.cx>.
On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 11:28:03PM +0800, Russell wrote:
> Attached is a shell script to reproduce a missing dir-props file, and
> the output of that running on my system, which is:
>
>   debian sid i386
>   svn 0.23.0

This was fixed by updating to HEAD, rev 6179.  Other than that, I dunno
what the problem was.