Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/09 00:38:09 UTC

We've got some new interest thanks to ApacheCon!

I've spoken with about three people so far who are quite experienced with
OSGi, so we'll be getting some advice (and possibly code) sometime soon.

It sounds like Tomcat might be interested in replacing their ad hoc logging
system with Log4j 2, so that would be really neat! Same goes for Karaf, and
since that's an OSGi framework, that should help quite a bit with the OSGi
support.

I also spoke with someone who I believe is either an Apache Gora developer
or is at least rather experienced with it. That would help us support far
more NoSQL databases without having to integrate separate drivers for
everything. Expect a JIRA ticket in the near future regarding that.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>