Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Yasushi Okubo <ya...@cabm.rutgers.edu> on 2006/05/19 17:12:31 UTC

Question for how to setup tomcat realm with jsf/tiles

Hi, experts

I am trying to configure a very basic memoryRealm on tomcat with
myfaces/tiles.

I have setup security-constrains in web.xml as follows.
In face-config.xml, I setup a navigation rule, so that a user will be
taken to /maintenance/index.html by clicking the commandLink.
But tomcat realm is not recognizing url-pattern [/maintenance/*] defined
in web.xml at all.

Could someone advise me how to work with tomcat realm + jsf ?

thanks,
yasushi

=== web.xml ===
<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>
        Maintenance Tools
      </web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/maintenance/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>memeber</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
  <!-- Define the Login Configuration for this Application -->
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Members-only Area</realm-name>
  </login-config>

    <!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->
  <security-role>
    <description>
      The role that is required to log in to the Admin Application
    </description>
    <role-name>member</role-name>
  </security-role>

== face-config.xml ===
<navigation-case>
         <from-outcome>nav_adminPage</from-outcome>
         <to-view-id>/maintenance/index.html</to-view-id>
 </navigation-case>