Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/21 22:01:31 UTC

final look at website test page...and slightly smaller logo

Well I thought the VERY BIG logo didn't look so good after all -- here's a
slightly smaller version

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/test/

Committed, but not published since LOTS of DL stuff pending.

So, we will go with this one I think.

Another odd thing -- the LARGE earlier logo I rendered:

http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO4_logo_cropped.png

I was able to render with transparent background -- this was from Chris R's
original svg. The new ones in:

http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/logos/aoo-working/

I don't seem to be able to render new svgs as transparent. So....???
Either svg has changed or Gimp (new version) is broken.

So, for right now -- logo has white background.

MzK

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten."
                             -- Jon Bon Jovi

Re: final look at website test page...and slightly smaller logo

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Am 07/21/2013 10:01 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> >>
> >> Well I thought the VERY BIG logo didn't look so good after all --
> here's a

> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/test/>
> >>>

> >> Looks also good. However, it's the main entry page for users. IMHO it is
> >> OK to use the bigger one.
> >

> > Thanks. maybe for now, we use the same logo on both websites -- this new
> > one.
>
> I like your slightly smaller version. It looks great!
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Thanks... :)

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 07/21/2013 10:01 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>
>  Well I thought the VERY BIG logo didn't look so good after all -- here's a
>> slightly smaller version
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.**apache.org/test/<http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/test/>
>>

> Looks also good. However, it's the main entry page for users. IMHO it is
> OK to use the bigger one.

Thanks. maybe for now, we use the same logo on both websites -- this new
one.

>  Committed, but not published since LOTS of DL stuff pending.
>>
>> So, we will go with this one I think.
>>
>> Another odd thing -- the LARGE earlier logo I rendered:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/**images/AOO_logos/AOO4_logo_**cropped.png<http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO4_logo_cropped.png>
>>
>> I was able to render with transparent background -- this was from Chris
>> R's
>> original svg. The new ones in:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/**marketing/art/galleries/logos/**aoo-working/<http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/logos/aoo-working/>
>>

> After the release we should definitely clean-up the logos in the different
> locations.

That and more... ;}

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.