Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/09/20 16:02:12 UTC

[phoenix] Resprucing Blockinfo

Hi,

I finally got around to resprucing BlockInfo and decided to remove the
basically included a lot of meta information that was arbitrarily associated
with Blocks supposedly to use in GUI configuraor but not really that useful.

However I added another section <block/> that replaced some of the
functionality. Currently it looks like

<block>
  <version>1.0</version>
</block>

However I have been thinking about allowing another sub-element <classname/>
that gave classname of Block. However this is kinda redundent because the
location of BlockInfo automatically specified classname of block. ie If a
Blockinfo file is at "com/biz/blocks/Foo.xinfo" we automatically know that
the classname of the block is com.biz.blocks.Foo.

So my question is; What do you think - should we require this subelement or
should we determine block classname based on location of BlockInfo ??

BTW: I have been tinkering with XML Schema support for configurations inside
the <block/> element and may get a chance to implement it in the next few
months (finally - yay!!).

BTW2: This is all backwards compatible ... it just issues warnings if you
don't specify new section and ignores the old section.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: [phoenix] Resprucing Blockinfo

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:48, Eung-ju Park wrote:
> I think determine block classname based on location of BlockInfo is batter.

ok.

> Is there any case xinfo and class exist difference place?

Not at this stage.

--
Cheers,

Pete

 We shall not cease from exploration, and the
  end of all our exploring will be to arrive
 where we started and know the place for the
        first time -- T.S. Eliot

Re: [phoenix] Resprucing Blockinfo

Posted by Eung-ju Park <co...@isoft.co.kr>.