Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Cassisa <MC...@cricketcommunications.com> on 2004/07/27 18:49:50 UTC

How do I add a sub website to the Maven website?

I have an extra set of javadocs that come from a third party and relate to
my maven project.  When I generate my site it generates javadocs from the
project source code as expected but unfortunately the source code is
generated from wslds using wsdl2java, from the axis project.  In any event
we receive wsdl updates periodically from a vendor and they include the
javadocs from their project source files, used to generate the wsdls minus
comments.

What I would like to do is include their javadocs in the projects site when
I generate it: i.e. when I receive updates.  I am not familiar with xdocs
and am a maven newbie.

Thanks,

Mike Cassisa

Software Engineer

Cricket Communications

10307 Pacific Center Court

San Diego, CA 92121

858-882-6096 Office

Computer Science is the discipline that believes all

problems can be solved with one more layer of indirection.

-Dennis DeBruler

Re: How do I add a sub website to the Maven website?

Posted by Matt Kurjanowicz <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can also just stick their javadocs into the xdocs subdirectory of
your project (${basedir}/xdocs/) and they should be copied over the
the proper spot on your website.  That is if you put the already
generated javadocs into ${basedir}/xdocs/other-javadocs/, then they
will be availible at http://your-url/path/to/project/other-javadocs.

>From there you can add them to the javadoc links list and also add a
link to them in the sidebar of the maven generated website.
HTH,
Matt Kurjanowicz

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:56:08 +0200, Carlos Sanchez
<ap...@carlos.cousas.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can store the extra set of javadocs in a site, and link your javadocs
> with use maven.javadoc.links
> Check javadoc plugin.
>
> maven.javadoc.links=http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/,http://jakarta.
> apache.org/commons/lang/api/