Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com> on 2008/12/12 13:11:40 UTC

SSL Configuration

It appears that the SSL Configuration needs to be done separately on
the control connection (listener) and the data connections. Is this
true? If so, why can't we automatically use the SSL Configuration that
is setup on the Listener with the Data Connection as well? Just
looking for the thoughts that went through in designing this way.

Thanks.

Sai Pullabhotla
Phone: (402) 408-5753
Fax: (402) 408-6861
www.jMethods.com

Re: SSL Configuration

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Sai Pullabhotla
<sa...@jmethods.com> wrote:
> The client, FileZilla, ignored the error on PROT P and continued on.
> Things go a little too fast to be noticed.

That's pretty bad as it "silently" puts the user in danger.

> I think it is not a bad
> idea to automatically use the same SSL configuration. I can't think of
> any thing where an API caller wants different SSL configurations for
> control and data connections. Can you?

Well, you can always think of cases if you try hard enough :-) But, I
certainly thinks it makes sense to default to using the same
configuration but allow for overriding. I've added a JIRA issue for
this.

/niklas

Re: SSL Configuration

Posted by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com>.
The client, FileZilla, ignored the error on PROT P and continued on.
Things go a little too fast to be noticed. I think it is not a bad

Re: SSL Configuration

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Re: SSL Configuration

Posted by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com>.